A fun Houston Community Center for kids and families
If I were a kid in Houston and was taken to spend the day at the Baker-Ripley Neighborhood Center located near Sharpstown , jokingly, I might have to ask my parents if I had leukemia or something. There is so much to do for kids of all ages!
Want to learn how to belly dance? Well you can during the summer at Baker-Ripley. Combine the fundamentals of the ancient art form of belly dance and gypsy moves complimented with a modern twist. Okay, so maybe you don’t want to dance, but there are plenty more activities to choose from like Cake Decorating or Arts & Crafts where you can learn to create quality table centerpieces and event decorations for various special events.
- Learn how to play the guitar and other types of instruments
- Enjoy reading time with other kids your age
- Learn how to make your own pinatas for special occasions
- Take an oil art class
- Learn the art of making jewelry with various beads and metals as well as design and technique
- Put on your dancing shoes and get introduced to various Latin dance styles including salsa, merengue, bachata, cumbia, and cha-cha
- Take a Healthy Cooking course where you can learn how to cook healthy and simple disches
- Breath, stretch and relax with a Yoga class